Chittagong Port Agent is a national and global bearer that serves the neighborhood fuel merchant in the nearby market offering liner service with its own management, reefer, FCL, containerized cargo and air freight forwarding abilities that cover the world market. With worldwide associations, bolstered by believed vital accomplices we give complete cargo-related assistance, including short-ocean and entryway to-entryway benefits in an effective way.
The organization was established on many years of involvement with the worldwide calculated industry. Chittagong Port Agent intends to keep its great achievement by co-working with customers by offering dependable arrangements, individual and savvy administrations.
What is a forwarding agent and what benefits does it provide?
International dispatch operations by land, air or sea are essential for our day to day and also present a degree of complexity, thanks to the necessity to organize transport, select the foremost efficient route so as to save lots of time and reduce costs, remove insurance, choose the right packaging counting on the shipment in question, organize the storage and/or distribution of freight, etc., also as many other aspects.
All of those activities must even be performed under guarantee conditions that, aside from ensuring the arrival of the freight to its intended destination inacceptable conditions, must also make sure that no damage takes place to any of the parts involved within the shipment, while also guaranteeing efficiency and profitability throughout the whole process.
This is the function of forwarding agents (freight forwarders), namely, anyone working on behalf of importers, exporters and other companies so as to organize the transport of international freight during a secure, efficient and profitable manner in any sort of means of transport.
This could be mentioned as a kind of intermediary between the exporter or importer and transport companies that play an identical role to a standard transport agency, despite the very fact that the latter is involved in domestic shipments while the forwarding agent is designated for international shipments, as began in legislation regulating this activity.
Benefits of using a forwarding agent
Therefore, the role of the forwarding agents is to facilitate shipments for importers and exporters, while also acting as a guarantor to make sure that commercial operations happen under the agreed conditions. However, what are the precise benefits offered by a forwarding agent?
- Recommendation and advice altogether cost so as to supply an alternate that’s more profitable and efficient. This includes freight costs, port and customs expenses, consular fees, special documentation costs, insurance costs and freight management costs.
- Preparation and presentation of the documentation required for the exportation of the freight, like a bill of lading and therefore the proper documents for the vendor, the customer or any third party involved within the process.
- Advice on the foremost suitable mode of freight transport and performance of the procedures for packaging, stowage and loading of the freight. And here is one among the foremost distinctive features of a forwarding agent, thanks to the very fact that within the event that the cargo doesn’t fill the means of transport (trailer, container TEU, etc.), this agent are going to be liable for creating a full consolidated load with other shipments so as to lower the transport costs.
- Reservation of the cargo space required on a ship, airplane, train or truck, additionally to taking care of the storage and/or distribution of the freight, and sometimes even using the door-to-door method.
- It also takes care of the paperwork with customs agents in other countries to make sure that the things and documents suits customs regulations
This simplifies the method and administrative procedures. thanks to the very fact that the forwarding agent takes care of everything involved in a world shipment, it’s in charge of any cases involving setbacks or problems which will arise. As we’ve seen above, the forwarding agent offers efficiency, security, cost-effectiveness and ease when it involves international shipments, something included within the wide selection of services provided by Biolistic so as to supply a comprehensive package, including chartering, storage, customs paperwork, any means of transport, etc., because of the very fact that we are specialists in freight forwarding for transport and therefore the handling of all kinds of products .